Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Summer Essentials

It's not even summer yet and the temperatures are rising. With this increase number of days in the 90's, it is important to try to stay cool and to protect yourself from the sun. I am definitely not a summer lover like most people. I absolute love the fall and I am counting the days until September. However, as I wait for fall to approach, here are some some of my favorite things I use during the summer.


1. Hydroflask // $29.95 - $59.95

I use this water bottle every day year around but it's so helpful in the summer due to the insulation feature. I can fill up my Hydroflask with water and ice the night before and still have cold water the next morning even without the AC on. During the summers, I spend 3 weeks living in a college dorm for work without AC. My Hydroflask becomes my lifesaver. Also, the best part is that the Hydroflask prevents condensation! No more sweaty bottles.

2. Bionaire Whole Room Air Circulator fan // $49.99

I love this fan. It's a table top fan that circulates the air throughout the room to keep the room cool. I use this fan all the time and it's probably my favorite fan that I've used. I know many people complain how noisy it is but personally I love the noise because I need white noise to help me sleep at night. The fan has three speed settings and has a breeze and sleep mode. The remote controller is a bonus.


3. Moisture Wicking Socks // Varies in cost

This type of sock is amazing for the feet as the sweat is wicked away from the body. Your feet will be less sweaty when you take off your shoes which is a plus. Dry feet = happy feet!

4. Sunscreen 

Sunscreen is super important to wear every day outside. I have super sensitive skin and finally found a few face sunscreens I can use that won't break me out in hives. Asian sunscreens are more watery/milky and they spread on easily. Also, they are non-greasy on my oily/combination skin. I found one American spray sunscreen that won't break me out for the body.

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++ // 50 ml



Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 for Face // 30 ml


Missha All Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF 50+/PA+++ // 70 ml


Coppertone Sunscreen Spray Clearly Sheer Broad Spectrum SPF 50 // 142 ml


5. Havaianas Flip Flops // Varies in cost

These flip flops are my favorite ones since they don't wear down every year where the heel of the foot is. The pattern usually retains and they are super comfy. They are my go to every year despite to higher cost compared to other flip flops. I usually opt for the slim ones.
6. Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop // $18.64

This is the holy grail of all ice cream scoops. I used this ice cream scoop when I worked at Brigham's and at Ben & Jerry's during the seven years when I worked in the ice cream industry. The heat from your hand will warm up the handle of the ice cream scoop and the heat eventually travels to the scoop section to make scooping easy.



What are some of your favorite summer essentials to stay cool and protected?

No comments:

Post a Comment