Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top Ten Books I've Read Before I was a Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers choose a freebie. I decided to showcase my top ten books I've read before I was a blogger. The following titles are in no particular order.


1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is my all time favorite book and I first read it back when I was in high school about 14 or so years ago. If you want a coming-of-age book, this is it!


2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is a powerful book. I first read this in high school and it has been a favorite for a long time.


3. All Souls: A Family Story from Southie by Michael Patrick MacDonald can be hard to read at times but the book is so raw. There is no sugarcoating at all. I was fortunate to meet MacDonald at my high school when everyone was assigned All Souls for summer reading.


4. Feed by M.T. Anderson is a sci-fi book that I read twice. I read it once for pleasure in high school and once in 2008ish for my Literature for Young Adults class in college.


5. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling doesn't need an introduction but this series is my life. I first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone back in 2001 and ever since, I have been addicted. My life revolves around Harry Potter if you can't tell already. Once a Potterhead, always a Potterhead.


6. Teen Angst? Naaah... by Ned Vizzini is a novel that I picked up on a whim at the book store for high school summer reading and I fell in love. Vizzini tells life how it is.


7. As Simple as Snow by Gregory Galloway is sort of a mystery novel. A boy meets a girl and one day the girl disappears but there are cryptic clues left after her disappearance.


8. 1984 by George Orwell is a dystopian novel that I read in 11th grade English class. I throughly enjoyed reading this novel and even wrote a paper about the symbolism of the glass paperweight.

9. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han is heartfelt and makes my feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I absolutely love this book and I love the P.S. I Still Love You. I cannot wait for the third installment, Always and Forever, Lara Jean.


10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell captures the true essence of being a lover of fan fiction and a series such as Harry Potter. I can connect with Cath so well and I love how she bonded with her sister over Simon Snow.



What are some books you've read before blogging?

18 comments:

  1. I like thinking about books pre-blogging. I definitely think I read more now than I used to. Lovely list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually read what I was assigned or what caught my eye at the book store pre-blogging. I often used the library to take out books and didn't rely on reviews at all pre-blogging. However, I definitely read a lot more though after I started blogging. That could be a good or bad thing. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Cannot wait to read Jenny Han's books. I started book one of the 'Boys' trilogy, but couldn't finish it because of review commitments, however I did read a novella by Jenny, and loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a chance to finish reading more of Jenny's books :D.

      Delete
  3. Harry Potter is awesome, I've heard great things about Speak and Feed, and Fangirl is on my TBR. Love your topic choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I read Perks before I blogged too and it's one of my favourites. So's Harry Potter haha! I read Fangirl after my blog and enjoyed it so much too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed Perks and Fangirl too! And Harry Potter is a must!

      Delete
  5. I love this list. You've got a lot of favorites of mine on here. Harry! To All the Boys...! Fangirl! I've thought a lot recently about how blogging has changed the way I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging does change the way you read but how you decide what books to pick up for sure. I am glad we share a lot of the same favorite books!

      Delete
  6. *Potterhead high five*
    I loved To All the Boys I've Loved Before too. This is a great topic; so many of us tend to focus on new releases and recent favourites, it's nice to show some older books love too!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT. Hope you're having a great week!

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love meeting other Potterheads! *high fives back* Also, it's nice to look back at all the amazing backlist books we've read. I agree that the older books need love too.

      Delete
  7. All great choices!!! I think I've read To All the Boys I've Loved Before, but I can't remember for sure. It's been a while, if so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sequel is already out and the third installment is coming out this year.

      Delete
  8. Teen Angst is one of my favorite books. I actually picked up It's Kind of A Funny Story first (also one of my favorites). Great idea for a TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you love Teen Angst! Not too many people have read it. I also read It's Kind of a Funny Story too and I enjoyed it as well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I swear Harry Potter is on nearly everyone's pre-blogging list and rightly so :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete