Friday, September 11, 2015

Never Forget 9/11

I normally don't write a lot of personal posts on this blog but today is a huge day for a lot of people, especially in the United States. Today marks the 14th anniversary for the 9/11 attacks. I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news about the plans crashing into the Twin Towers. I was in Honors World History class in 9th grade when the PA system turned on. Everyone found out the devastating news at the same time and the whole day was such a whirlwind. Students, faculty and staff were definitely not focused on academics. There were TVs available for everyone to get coverage of what was going on across the nation. Guidance counselors were available for students to talk to if they lost anyone during the attacks. I should be grateful.

I should be grateful because my father was suppose to be on one of the flights that flew into the Twin Towers. Of course at the time, I didn't know my father flying to Los Angeles that very same day. Apparently my family was calling my mother all day to make sure my father was okay. By some miracle, my father oversleep and missed his flight. By not waking up to his alarm on time or by sleeping through his alarm, it saved his life. My some crazy miracle my father's life was saved by something so small.

Life is short. It can be cut at any moment. I know one of my classmates lost his father during the 9/11 attacks. I believe his father was on one of the flights departing Boston to Los Angeles. You never know what will happen to you or a loved one. Cherish what you have. One moment you can be happy enjoying life and the next moment your life is crashing down before you. Embrace life, don't dwell on it. Never forget.

Image from quotes gram.com


No comments:

Post a Comment